GOAL = $10000. Thank you! GRS Federal Tax ID number is #43-1957920. See below for more info.

$

Thursday, June 18, 2009

North Mecklenburg Rotary supports Grassroot Soccer

A big thank you goes out to the Rotary Club of North Mecklenburg for choosing to support Grassroot Soccer with a generous donation.

A couple of years back, my more studly and artistic brother Tate received support from the Rotary Club while studying abroad. As a wee lad, I didn't really understand what it was at the time. This summer, however, I have learned more about Rotary and gained much respect for what the organization does.

The philosophy of the Rotary Club is based on "the four-way test", a simple guide to making good decisions.

1. Is it the TRUTH?
2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?

Using these principles, the Rotary Club works to improve international goodwill, understanding and peace, its members united in the ideal of service.

A fine organization, and I'm proud to be able to receive their support.

No comments:

Post a Comment